El Once Canalla: from Ireland, tangos and Spanish fiesta
This weekend seems to be lowering temperatures, now that we had become accustomed to sunglasses and summer clothes. But we give it a little more temperature with the temperate beers of London, with the Sandycove beach neighborhood in Ireland, a Tango class in Buenos Aires and a lot of Spanish fiesta.
1. In bed: Wild detectivesRoberto Bolaño. Travel with the young poet Juan García Madero to the Mexican universe of Bolaño. Take your Chevrolet and enter the Sonoran desert.
2. On the bar: Lamb & Flag (33, Rose Street, London) They say it is the oldest pub in London, so we make a 'bac to basics', a return to the essence, and we look for the way of drinking of those who know best: tempered pints. You dare?
Drinking like a gentleman: Lamb & Flag warm beer © Lamb & Flag
3. Between frames: Return to Doom LagoonSean Morris in Watdafac Gallery. Learn to survive in the jungle with the peculiar and grotesque guide of Australian Sean Morris.
Sean Morris, Return to Doom Lagoon © Watdafac Gallery
4. In the club: Tango Red (Martha Salloti 445, Buenos Aires) With airs of cabaret, created to revive nostalgia, this room is full of fantasy and sensuality. The show shows the beginnings of tango in 1900 until the time of Piazzola. Orchestrated, sung and danced themes and period costumes.
5. On the table: 360, Istanbul. The terraces of Istanbul they are made of another paste since the 360 group decided to settle in them: with three stores throughout the city, from any of them you can taste typical Turkish, Mediterranean food and spend the nights of drinks with the fashionable Turkish DJs.
The coolest terraces in Istanbul © 360
6. On the road: Ireland. We would go to the Dublin coast, taking a not so urban walk along the beach of Forty Foot. Mandatory stop at the James Joyce Tower Museum, does anyone dare to step on the locations of Joyce's Ulysses?
7. In the stadium: Real Madrid - Betis, Saturday at 6:00 p.m. in the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.
8. In the cinema (inside or outside the home): Emak Bakia Baita. An innocent Biarritz house where the Man Ray movie is set Emak Bakia ("Let me in"), provokes the curiosity of the director of this documentary, Oskar Alegría, who launches in his search. I will find it? Or will it be the path itself, finally, the destiny of his work? (This documentary is screened in Matadero, Madrid).
The Emak Bakia house © D.R.
9. On the walkman: Daft punk. After a test, a teaser, a few seconds of the subject ... Finally we have the final result of the first bite of his album Random Access Memories. This is 'Get Lucky'. Enjoy it 100% at Primavera Sound in Barcelona.
Daft Punk © D.R.
10. A neighborhood: Triana, Seville. Don't say we don't like the party. We still have two more days to enjoy the April fair. Of course, if you want to stay out of the sarao but enjoying the Andalusian warmth, we propose the Cabo de Gata. Of neighborhoods, nothing.
11. In the conversation: end of 'Top of the lake', What series will now win the position at the landscape of the year?
Triana, the April fair in full swing © Corbis